This person creates scripts and stories that are shared across CNN's TV, mobile and desktop sites, apps, social accounts. This is not just an 'article or a TV writer.' This is someone who knows how to write briefly and breezily when needed, but who can handle high-concept stories, as well. S/he knows how to live blog, how to write in formats that go beyond the vo or newspaper-style article including lists, bullet points, stories with embedded video and social as well as basic charts and graphics templates.
- Multi-Platform Writers must have the ability to turn in accurate assigned scripts and stories according to network deadlines and style.
- A strong, conversational writing style is a requirement. Candidates must demonstrate an aptitude of the latest production technologies and techniques in enhancing scripts.
- Creates, develops and edits content for multiple platform.
- Takes assignments for daily news and some longer term stories and projects.
- Cares deeply about accuracy and integrity and in maintaining and growing the trust CNN has with audiences worldwide.
- Demonstrate a strong familiarity with CNNE Stylebook and CNN Legal Standards to ensure consistency that increases CNN's credibility.
**Must be willing to work any shift including weekends and overnights.**
- Must have a BA or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience as a writer in broadcast (or other) journalism with demonstrated abilities beyond show writing, i.e. copy editing, show production, story production, long-form production.
- A working knowledge of Latin America and US Hispanic news and issues
- The Multi-Platform Writer should have an ear to know what the anchor needs in scripts, and the flexibility to adapt.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and active participation in social media as a news tool preferred
- Strong technical capabilities - Perfect grasp of written and spoken Spanish
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-houselearning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands