The Multi-Platform Copy Editor must have a working knowledge of business news, international news, and political news and apply that knowledge under deadline pressure.
They can curate and tag. They can SEO. They know what stories -- in either text or video -- should be linked up. They know when attribution is needed and when it's overkill.
The Multi-Platform Copy editor is expected to be a close adviser to the producer on any editorial issues or problems that arise with assigned scripts.
- The candidate should have a solid background in news digital or TV production.
- The ideal candidate will be flexible enough to work as needed as a Copy Editor or as one of the lead writers on a shift
- The Multi-Platform Copy Editor is responsible for making sure scripts conform to the highest editorial standards, are factually accurate and fair, are grammatically correct and are written conversationally.
- The Multi-Platform Copy Editor oversees a team of writers to ensure a program's scripts are completed in a timely way.
- Work toward compelling, conversational anchor copy that is accurate and up to date.
- Check accuracy of all components of program, including graphics and other on-air editorial elements.
- Rework scripts when necessary.
- Demonstrate a strong familiarity with CNNE Stylebook and CNN Legal Standards to ensure consistency that increases CNN's credibility.
- Demonstrate proficiency with CNN font codes to make our on-air product look smart and communicate useful information clearly.
- They will work with a wide range of copy from a wide range of writers, contributors, producers and reporters. That means multi-platform copy editors must be excellent communicators and diplomats. - They are excellent providers of feedback who help elevate CNNE's storytelling across all platforms.
- Must also have a strong understanding of Latin America and US Hispanic news and issues.
- The successful candidate is bilingual in Spanish & English.
- 5 years full time broadcast, agency or digital news writing and/or editing required; 7 years desirable.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience required.
- Editing skills-checking accuracy, balance, language, style. Ability to produce quality work quickly.
- Flexibility-ability to adapt during breaking news, ability to adapt to program or anchor style and rewrite when necessary.
- Must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
- Leadership- leads writer team and takes active role in many aspects of program preparation.
- Strong technical capabilities - Perfect grasp of written and spoken Spanish.
- Strong understanding of mobile, apps, and social (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Must be able to work on weekends and/or overnight.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies.
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers.
- 2018 Best Company for Dads.
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career.
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands.