Trending Writer, CNNE Digital News
WarnerMedia – CNN is looking for a Trending Writer.
These candidates creates and curates stories that are published and shared across CNNE's mobile and desktop sites, apps, social accounts and other platforms. It is a team of highly driven storytellers with one goal: Stories provided with content that's smartly packaged, socially shared and sparks conversations.
As part of this team you will be thinking mobile first as you come up with story ideas on a daily basis and write compelling content with an accurate, urgent and fluent discourse.
The successful candidate will understand what makes highly engaging and shareable digital stories that interest audiences on different platforms in different parts of the world. Applicants should have a deep understanding of how stories travel on the internet, feel comfortable with all major social media networks and know their way around key listening tools like Crowdtangle, Tweetdeck, and Google Trends, among others.
Areas of Responsibility
• Pitching and writing stories and content that give CNN a distinctive voice and a competitive edge in the digital news arena. We are looking for someone innovative, full of creative ideas and multi-skilled in digital production
• Writing sourced daily trending spot and feature stories, primarily focused on key audiences for CNN en Español digital platforms
• Writing quick stories based on CNN en Español TV interviews and original content that might get immediate repercussion in our key markets.
• Know how to smartly frame a story and can suggest clever, compelling and accurate headlines and smart complementary graphics or visual ideas
• Adapt to different styles of writing depending on the subject and platform
• Have a solid understanding and passion for web and popular culture, particularly in US Hispanic and Latin America
• Have experience working with communities such as Facebook Groups, Reddit, and messaging apps such as Whatsapp, Telegram, and others.
• Collaborate with social media teams to craft posts to maximize audience reach for the trending stories.
Deseable (no excluyente)
Formación: Universitario Finalizado
Idioma: Inglés Avanzado
Áreas de Estudio: Comunicación Audiovisual, Comunicación Social, Periodismo