WarnerMedia is looking for a Director, LATAM Payroll
It's an exciting time at WarnerMedia. We are seeking a Director, LATAM Payroll, who will be a member of the Global Payroll Leadership team within HR Services as well as oversee the payroll processing of over 2,000 employees.
The Director is fully in charge of payroll processes and procedures ensuring best practice operations, implementation of changes for continuous improvement in accuracy and efficiency, and compliance with applicable laws, collective bargaining agreements, and company policies.
Due to the aforementioned tasks that rely on the director, a strong sense of curiosity, patience, and flexibility are essential.
The Director should be committed to coaching and mentoring payroll team members. A genuine empathy for our employee population, our partners in HR, Legal, Benefits, Technology, and our team members is required.
• The director will lead the day to day operations of the LATAM payroll function servicing over 2,000 employees, with oversight of hours to gross calculations, taxes, garnishments, benefit deductions, unions and payroll accounting.
• The director will develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll in accordance with company policies, legislative compliance requirements, and union agreements.
• They will carry out processes of standardization, automation, and continuous processes of improvement to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
• They will support testing of HR and payroll system changes and enhancements.
• The director coaches and mentors staff to ensure each person excels individually and as a team with a focus on customer service and operational excellence.
• The director will act as a point of escalation and work to identify, track, document and solve issues or risks proactively with timely further escalation of unresolved items to senior management.
• They assist key stakeholders by providing information needed for the timely processing of general ledger activities, account reconciliation, treasury, tax and other financial processes as needed.
• The director ensurea compliance with internal controls and supports internal and external audits including audits with the authorities.
• They will develop high quality deliverables and presentations catered to the audience and with close attention to details.
• The director designs and assembles project plans and executes deliverables per agreed upon milestones.
• They partner with HR, Legal, Benefits, and Technology to implement and run any special initiatives and programs (e.g. bonus processing, acquisitions, changes in vendors, etc.)
• The director will develop relationships and oversee services of outside payroll related vendors for taxes, garnishments, and payroll processing services.
• The director maintains confidentiality of payroll and employee information.
• They support other projects and activities, defined by senior leadership and/or enterprise activities, as directed and required.
• 10+ years of experience in a payroll service delivery function.
• 7+ years of management/supervisory experience in a payroll environment.
• Understanding of, and experience with, core aspects of the SAP, PeopleSoft and Workday a plus.
• Non-US Payroll Vendor management experience is required.
• Deep operational and technical payroll knowledge including payroll taxes and benefits.
• Strong leadership skills and persuasive communicator with a vision.
• Possess a strong work ethic; self-motivated with a desire to take initiative and look for ways to improve payroll processes and create efficiencies
• Ability to manage complex work within tight deadlines.
• Ability to think strategically and manage expectations in a high-touch environment
• Ability to work closely with senior executives on individual payroll needs
• Ability to partner with various stakeholders to effectively address issues; ability to proactively anticipate problems, identify opportunities and confidently define solutions/ initiatives to address business needs.
• Must have the ability to tailor communication and messaging with varying levels of the organization; excellent Spanish and English written and verbal communication skills excellent quality of deliverables
• Advanced proficiency with MS Excel required
• Proficiency with MS Visio and MS PowerPoint a plus.
Idioma: Inglés Avanzado
Deseable (no excluyente)
Formación: Universitario Finalizado
Áreas de Estudio: Adm. de Empresas, Contabilidad / Auditoría, Recursos Humanos / Relaciones Laborales